Jussie Smollett criminal trial to move forward after judge denies to dismiss case

Jussie Smollett criminal trial to move forward after judge denies to dismiss case

On Friday, a judge dismissed a last-minute Hail Mary to dismiss the criminal case against actor Jussie Smollett. The actor is accused of lying to police when he reported he was the victim of a horrible racist, anti-gay attack in Chicago on January 2019.

Smollett has already come to a deal with the Chicago Prosecutor’s office of a deal that had him perform community service and give up his $10,000 bond which many thought was too easy for the black actor who supposedly faked a racist hate act. The actor is now being charged by a special prosecutor as many thought his previous deal was very shady and had been influenced by the Democrat party.

Jury selection will start on November 29th on Smollett’s trial. As many remember, Smollett, a gay Black man, told police in 2019 that two masked men attacked him when he was in Chicago working on “Empire.” But he was charged weeks later with filing a false police report after investigators concluded that he staged the attack and paid two brothers to carry it out because he was unhappy about his salary and wanted to promote his career. That case, however, was dropped which many believed was because of deep swamp connections of the Democrat party in Chicago.

The case was revived when a special prosecutor charged Smollett with disorderly conduct over the police reports. The actor has pleaded not guilty. Even though Smollett is fighting as hard as he can to try and stop the trial, he has said he wants “nothing more than to go to a jury and clear his name.”